Resistance shows up in many ways, from complaining, arguing, and procrastinating. Every leader eventually has to deal with a resistant employee, but even avoiding a difficult performance conversation is a sign of internal resistance. Resistance is a huge barrier to forward movement, growth, and productivity.
WHAT TO EXPECT
On our weekly ZOOM calls I’ll facilitate some discussion and teach a skill or concept.
If you have a success you’d like to share, you will also have a chance to speak. If you want spot coaching on the live calls, we’ll make time for that.
Private Email Access
You have access to me via email during the work week. I’ll be answering emails from 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM (CST) every day. If you want email coaching, you need to use email. I’ll get your permission to share anything that is shared at the virtual round table, otherwise my advice will be private. Please whitelist my email address firstname.lastname@example.org
Private Consulting and Coaching
If you request advice or some coaching, I’ll give what I can by email. You can decide to try the ideas, or let the ideas inspire you in a different direction.
On the Spot Celebrations and Coaching
If you are courageous you can share your challenges on the group calls, as well as any successes you have.
Inspired (but Sporadic) Group Email Communications
Because this is a pilot, you may receive a few group emails where I share some insights or resources. You are welcome to give me your feedback about what’s working or not working. My intention is to support your growth, not overwhelm you, give you “homework” or tell you what to do. LOL!. You already know what works for you and what you are willing to try.
Is this Leadership Roundtable for You?
- You hesitate to initiate difficult conversations because of their resistance
- You “already know what they will say” so you withhold your requests
- You want to stop getting so angry when “they” resist your leadership
- You have been told you are too argumentative or strong willed
- You want to overcome your own resistance or defensive tendencies
- You want to expand your ability to be present during disagreement
- You are ready to learn a magic phrase to test for resistance
- You enjoy personal growth and are open to new ideas
In this round table we’ll talk about what resistance is, and how to quickly identify resistance; theirs and yours. You’ll learn two methods to overcome other people’s resistance, and how to successfully identify and avoid the biggest trap: resisting their resistance